Are politicians corrupt in your country?
The word 'corruption' comes from Latin and means 'corruption' or 'depravity'. There are different types of corruption, but they all have one thing in common: someone who is corrupt or bribed is abusing their power to gain an advantage. For example, politicians have the power to make decisions in their city or country. In doing so, they should be independent and pay attention to which decision is best for citizens. For example, if a politician is to decide which construction company can build a new school, he has to choose the company that works best and is also cheap.
But if the politician gives the contract to a certain building contractor because he gets great trips or other gifts from him, then one can say that the building contractor bought the politician's decision. The politician has used his power because he has not made independent decisions. He also gave the entrepreneur friend an advantage. And he himself could hope to be invited again on a trip, for example. This type of corruption is also known as the acceptance of benefits and, like all types of corruption, is prohibited in Germany. Anyone who tries to buy decisions is just as punishable as someone who is bought or bribed.
Corruption is dangerous for democracy
In some countries around the world, corruption is an everyday thing. Anyone who wants to get a job or a place at university, needs a permit to build a house or just wants to be treated in hospital has to pay a bribe. That means he has to bribe those responsible with money. In a corrupt society, money rules. Rules and laws that ensure that everyone has the same rights no longer have any meaning. As a result, people lose confidence in politicians, the police or the courts.
Status: 03/23/2010, 10:15 am
- What is the most successful empire
- Why should more teenagers write
- Who ashed Shivaji Maharaj
- What are some spiritual philosophical films
- What are the basic principles of Jain
- What was the last thing you did
- Is it bad to masturbate in school?
- Why do TV shows have theme songs
- What factors determine the price
- Hebrew is still spoken today
- Who actually kills in the mafia
- What is the psychology behind watching cat videos
- How do I deal with grammar nazis
- Who was Pakistan's Worst Prime Minister
- Do you love all people
- Jesus had a bar mitzvah
- Who follows the Jain religion
- What are the types of musical instruments
- Which Indian king killed his own father?
- Who is Donald Trump's big brother
- How do I maintain normal eyesight?
- What are some examples of good writing
- Can you show me bridal jewelry sets?
- Signs and symptoms of a pleural effusion