What is the importance of ore minerals
ore is a term from economics. Whether a mineral deposit is designated as an ore deposit depends solely on the profitability of the mining. This also includes the ores that have been mined in the course of history. Since economic efficiency is the only determining factor, mineral deposits that currently appear uninteresting could definitely be classified as deposits and mined in times of resource scarcity.
The history of mankind has long been linked to the extraction of substances from nature. At first the focus was only on the extraction of earth and minerals through the more or less accidental collection of freely occurring minerals and weathering products, but soon a targeted search and mining became the occupation of people.
Ores can have very different metal contents. A tin ore with 2% tin content may already be considered rich, whereas an iron ore with more than 60% iron (previously in Germany: 30% iron) is considered to be high grade.
Here is the definition according to the UK Institution of Mining and Metallurgy:
Ores are naturally occurring mineral aggregates of economic interest, from which one or more components of value can be extracted through processing. Mostly these are minerals that contain more or less metallic components.
Nevertheless, in common parlance the term is mainly associated with metallic components. The definition according to James F. Kemp 1909 is still valid in principle:
Ore is a metal-containing mineral or mineral mixture that is more or less intergrown with gangue, which - from the point of view of the miner or processor - can be profitably mined or further processed profitably. The question of whether one or more metals are profitable seems to be the only possible criterion that can be used.
Selection of important ore minerals
Import dependence of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 100% for asbestos, bauxite, chromium, manganese, nickel, platinum and tin
- 99.5% for copper
- 68% for zinc
- Mineral deposits
Category: raw material
- What were Henry VIII's religious changes?
- How was the old Filipino fashion
- Had the early church building
- How do I complain about BBC News
- Children learn music faster than adults
- Is Iran a nationalist country
- What should foreigners know about the USA?
- What is addiction
- How do I start a small business
- Can the police break into your iPhone?
- What is the best planning for a visit to Nepal
- Sitecore is open source
- Who do you feel most attracted to?
- Why shouldn't VLC show a video
- How was Haki introduced in One Piece
- Is Zara expensive
- Which wristwatch is Narendra Modi wearing?
- Is drag racing legal
- What is important knowledge or discipline
- What happens when you summon a daemon
- Are womanizers narcissistic
- How can I join the FBLA
- What counts as a foreign passport
- What are some new business ideas