What is the cache memory specialized in?
Clear browser cache
It happens again and again that customers see outdated content in their web browser. (e.g. after changing the layout, moving from one domain to another server, etc.). I always recommend clearing the browser cache first. This is best done by hand - but unfortunately many users on the Internet do not know what a cache is (or the history in the browser) nor how to empty it manually.
Straight to the instructions for the browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
What is the browser cache?
The disadvantage is that the browser sometimes does not notice that parts of the website have been updated. That e.g. the logo was exchanged or a new photo was included. Instead, the old logo or photo is displayed. In order to get the new content displayed, the cache must now be emptied manually. The principle is the same for every browser - only the ways to get there differ a little from browser to browser. Therefore I have written down the procedure for the most common browsers.
Empty Mozilla Firefox browser cache
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del (Windows) or Command + Shift + Del (Mac OS)
- Alternative 1: In the main menu of the browser, select "History" and below the entry "Delete recent history ..."
- Alternative 2: In the main menu go to Firefox -> Settings -> Data protection and security and scroll a little - then "Delete history"
- A new window opens in each case, in this activate the option "Cache" and then click on "Clear now"
Empty the Apple Safari browser cache
- Press Command + Alt + E (Mac OS)
Of course, there is also the option in Safari to empty the cache using the mouse:
- In the main menu of the browser select "Safari" and under it the entry "Settings"
- On the "Advanced" tab, check the item "Show developer menu in menu bar"
- You will get the menu item "Developer" in the main menu of the browser - click on this and then on "Empty cache memory"
You only have to carry out points 1 and 2 of this alternative once - after that, the “Developer” menu item is retained until you deactivate it again.
Clear Google Chrome browser cache:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Del (Windows) or Shift + Command + Del (Mac OS)
- Alternative 1: with the mouse left on the menu item "Chrome" and then on "Clear browser data ..."
- Alternative 2: with the mouse at the top right on the three dots, then on "More tools" and then "Clear browser data ..."
- For the period, select "Entire period"
- Check the box next to "Images and files in the cache" and then click on "Delete data"
- It is advisable to empty the cookies and browser history at the same time - hundreds of entries tend to accumulate there.
Clear Microsoft Edge browser cache
- Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + Del (Windows)
- then select "Cached data and files" and then click on "Delete"
As always, there is an alternative with the mouse - but as always it is a bit more extensive:
- Click on the "..." symbol in the top right corner
- Go to "Settings"
- Now look for the point "Delete browsing data" and click there on "Select item to be deleted"
- Now select "Cached data and files" and finally click on "Delete"
Empty Microsoft Internet Explorer browser cache
Actually, this browser should no longer be used - even if Microsoft itself advises against using it. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer is still far too often found at customers and companies. Hence the solution here, how to empty the browser cache of Internet Explorer.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Del keys (Windows)
- In the window that opens, select "Temporary Internet and website data" and click "Delete"
And there is also an alternative to the above solution with the old Internet Explorer:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Go to "Internet Options", then to the "General" tab
- In the section "Browsing history" click on the point "Delete ..."
- In the window that now opens, remove the checkmark for "Keep preferred website data" and set the checkmark for "Temporary Internet and website data"
- Now click on "Delete" and you're done.
- What does a buffer do in pipelining
- Democracy failed when Trump won
- How can I stop pornography
- Who and what influenced Frank Zappa's music
- What is the history of the library
- How can I get free tuition fees
- There is a popular alternative to WhatsApp
- Is a MacBook good for Android development?
- Is it normal to feel socially isolated?
- What are the main exports of Iran
- Is killing yourself a selfish move?
- Criminal Minds made the term unsub popular
- How are INTP women
- What do English people think of immigrants?
- How do you deal with paperwork hobia
- Offers IELTS scholarships
- You can swim in the Amsterdam canals
- What are Bo Burnham's explicit religious beliefs
- Ripon Yorkshire is a beautiful place
- Is it normal to feel socially isolated?
- Why did Vincent van Gogh commit suicide
- What church did Jesus start?
- When does Netflix release weekly episodes
- How do I bend jewelry