Is Hobart worth a visit
Articles from the "Current" section | VisumAntrag.de | 09/21/2020 | ± 3 minutes reading time
Tasmania is an island about 150 miles south of mainland Australia. Many tourists touring Australia skip Tasmania while the island is very attractive with its pristine nature. An Australian visa is required to visit the island, but no additional travel authorization is required. In 1642, the Dutch explorer Abel Tasman was the first European to arrive on the island.
Unknown treasure of Australia
Although Tasmania is only an hour and a half flight from Melbourne, there are relatively few travelers visiting the island. Tasmania, with its diverse landscapes, is very different from mainland Australia. While the Australian mainland is characterized by white beaches, rock formations and the extensive outback, Tasmania has a rugged nature with forests and mountain landscapes. Tasmania is also the only place where the Tasmanian Devil, also known as the Tasmanian Devil, can be spotted. The Tasmanian devil is a carnivorous marsupial that many call the taz from the Looney Tunes / Bugs Bunny cartoons will know.
Tasmanian devil or Tasmanian devil
Highlights and sights
The two largest cities on the island are Hobart - the capital of Tasmania - and Launceton. Most visitors begin their journey in one of these cities, which are also home to the island's largest airports. Hobart is a small port city on the southeast coast of Tasmania. Hobart is home to Salamanca Market, a street market with a wide range of local produce. The MONA Museum (Museum of Old and New Art) is also worth a visit. Launceton, the second largest city in Tasmania, is one of the oldest cities in Australia and is known for the Victorian style of many houses.
Most tourists, however, travel to Tasmania not for the cities, but for the island's breathtaking landscapes. An absolute must is the Freycinet National Park, a nature reserve with pearly white beaches, lagoons and bays. The most famous cove in the park is Wineglass Bay, a cove in the shape of a wine glass, along which you can take beautiful walks. North of Freycinet National Park is the Bay of Fires, a bay surrounded by white beaches and orange rocks. Visit athletes and those who are hungry for exercise Cradle Mountain, a nature reserve with an imposing mountain, where you can go on simple day trips as well as more strenuous hikes.
Another highlight is Bruny Island, a peninsula in southeast Tasmania. This consists of a north and a south island, which are connected by a narrow strip of land - also known as the neck. Marvel at the immense cliffs and lighthouse of the South Island.
The Australian visa is also sufficient for Tasmania
You can also use the Australia visa to travel to Tasmania. You do not need your own additional visa to visit the island, as the electronic visa for Australia is sufficient for entry. Travelers who meet the requirements of the Australia e-Visa can easily submit the visa application online. Almost all tourists and business travelers can use the online visa. Only travelers who intend to stay in Australia for more than 3 consecutive months, who want to work with an Australian employer and travelers who may pose a safety risk to the Australian population cannot use an eVisitor visa and must apply for a different visa.
The e-Visa is valid for 12 months and can be used for several stays of a maximum of 3 months each. After the visa has been issued, travelers can therefore travel to Australia several times within a year, as long as each individual stay does not last longer than 3 months. An important requirement is that the passport used to apply for the visa must still be valid. Travelers can use their visa to travel from mainland Australia to Tasmania and back as often as they want. The visa therefore offers more than sufficient opportunities to visit Tasmania.
- Who can beat Eminem in a diss
- Which mountains have not yet been climbed?
- Which food best represents you and why
- What is the purpose of Zoho
- How successful is NREGA
- How can someone make important life decisions
- What food is Mysore Infosys
- Which song are you listening to right now?
- Is Pakistan bad at football
- What are the uses of Phospholipids
- What are some bad date ideas
- Do you suffer from a depersonalization of depersonalization
- Have you ever worked at Waffle House
- Why is Tamil's script so dirty
- Why does Netflix rarely share viewership details
- What's your rating of Infosys
- Can I change my astrological prediction?
- How am I supposed to learn Sanskrit with ease
- Why does water swirl differently in Australia
- Old Indians thought China was inferior
- Which abolished slavery throughout the British Empire
- Unbranded shoes mean counterfeit
- What is a diesel engine
- Are the people of their choice homosexual
- Who was Thomas Paine
- The Serbs were always belligerent
- Have you been adopted?
- How do you travel with external hemorrhoids
- Can there be shadows that can appear
- Was there corruption in the Soviet Union
- When can you feel completely satisfied
- When will Ruby 3 0 be released?
- What's your favorite Australian snack