Can holders fix crooked teeth
S.O.S - quick help with problems with braces
Since it can always happen that something happens to you or your child with the braces at home and you do not have the opportunity to come directly to the orthodontist (weekend / late in the evening / vacation), we have an S.O.S. Page created with quick bridging tips for problems with fixed or loose braces.
In most cases, however, it is necessary to see an orthodontist as soon as possible, as these are often problems that you cannot completely solve yourself.
SOS. quick help with problems with the firm Braces:
1) What to do if there are chafing or sore spots?
Cover the fixed braces at the chafed areas with the silicone wax we provided. If that doesn't help within a day, please give us a call. In the case of sores caused by removable braces, please call us immediately to make an appointment, arrange for an appointment the next day and do not let your child carry the appliance on until the appointment, because the braces could be bent.
2) What to do if a bracket has come loose?
Please call us immediately to make an appointment so that we can reattach the bracket the next day. Do not wait until the next routine check-up appointment. If a bracket is loose in an uncontrolled manner, unexpected tooth migration can occur.
3) What to do if a tie has loosened?
In this case, too, please call us immediately to make an appointment so that we can reattach the tape the next day. Do not wait until the next routine check-up appointment. If a band is loose in an uncontrolled manner, unexpected tooth migration can occur and the tooth can demineralize because bacteria can penetrate under the band where it cannot be brushed.
4) What should be done if a wire (e.g. the end of the bow) pokes?
Please arrange a repair appointment for the same or the next day immediately and cover the end of the arch with silicone wax until the appointment. Please only cut the end of the sheet in an absolute emergency with the side cutter from your toolbox. It is possible that the wire has only shifted in the brackets and is brought back to the correct length by simply shifting it in the brackets. If the arch is then already cut, we have to insert a new arch.
5) What to do if rubbers or wire ligatures are lost?
Please make an appointment with us for the next day immediately, because if wires or rubbers are lost, the teeth are no longer connected to the arch wire and can move uncontrollably.
6) What to do if a face bow causes problems?
Leave out the face bow and immediately make an appointment for the next day so that we can straighten the bow. It is not enough to wait until the next check-up appointment, because otherwise the teeth may migrate back to where they came from, so a lot of time and effort that you or your child invested would be in vain and the treatment would be extended.
7) What to do if a glue point is loose (e.g. on a long-term retainer?)
Please make an appointment with us immediately, preferably on the same day. Teeth that are no longer anchored in the retainer can very quickly become crooked again.
8) What to do if a palatal arch is loose?
Please make an appointment with us immediately for the same or the next day so that the palatal arch does not press into the gums or be swallowed.
9) What to do if a rubber chain breaks?
Please make an appointment with us immediately for the next day, because if rubber chains are lost, the teeth can shift in an uncontrolled manner.
10) What to do if there are small gaps in your teeth?
Tooth gaps can arise temporarily in a controlled manner because the treatment requires this. If so, we have informed you or your child about it beforehand. If there are unintentional gaps in your teeth, please arrange a check-up appointment for the next day, as it is possible that a bracket has come off the tooth or a rubber or wire has been lost.
SOS. - quick help with problems with theto solveBraces:
1) What to do if the braces are broken or parts of the braces have broken off?
Please arrange a repair appointment with us for the next day immediately so that the teeth do not get crooked again. Under no circumstances should a defective or sharp-edged appliance be carried on.
2) What to do if the braces squeeze?
Pressure on the teeth is normal when the braces have just been readjusted. This decreases noticeably after a few days. Pressure can also arise if your child has not worn the braces enough because the teeth do not move as intended. In this case, please come to us and report what happened so that we can readjust the equipment. It doesn't help not to admit that the braces have not been worn properly, we will see it at the next appointment at the latest, and we don't scold.
3) What should be done if the braces cause wounds / chafing or pain in the mouth?
Please make an appointment for the same or the next day immediately so that we can readjust the braces. Do not let your child wear the braces until then.
4) What to do if the braces smell unpleasant?
Put the braces in vinegar essence or in cleaning tablets that you can buy in the supermarket or on the Internet. The braces should always be cleaned with a toothbrush and toothpaste immediately after they have been removed, so that saliva cannot dry out, because dried-on saliva contains bacteria and they smell unpleasant.
- Why do people overreact?
- How does fashion affect morality in society?
- What is the cache memory specialized in?
- What are the 5 meanings of tourism
- What causes a freon leak
- Japan is boring outside of Tokyo
- What did Raghuram Rajan do with India?
- When did the hippie movement end?
- Supports Turkey ISIS
- Which LED TV is the best
- What is latanoprost for?
- What is the story of Independence Day
- Are graduate students also known as engineers
- Is Obama responsible for the Syrian war
- How did the FDR win a third term
- How did the FDR win a third term
- Did the Chinese reach America before Columbus?
- How did Tamil consider Telugu
- Who is the best CM from Tamilnadu
- Aircraft take off without an angle of attack
- Why are you still supporting Congress?
- How does a car engine idle
- Pakistan has a hydrogen bomb
- Has Jesus returned?
- When is Hanukkah
- Canada saved America in World War II
- Is the UC browser safe or malware
- Which Muslim cultures do Arabs dislike?
- Offers Capgemini a laptop for freshmen
- How liberal is India
- Who colonized Spain
- What are the side effects of Clomid
- What is it like to travel in business class?
- Julian Assange is innocent