What makes a good bottom when welding
Electric welding hazards
1 Electrical Hazards
2 Hazard from pollutants
3 Radiation hazard
4 Risk of fire and explosion
5 Protective Measures
The greatest danger with electric welding is the electric current. Normally, all live parts of electrical devices are protected against contact. This is not possible with electric welding machines. In order to close the circuit for melting the metals, the electrical insulation is interrupted at the welding point.
The voltages present on the welding machines are sufficient to cause life-threatening or fatal injuries in unfavorable situations.
It is therefore important that employees ensure that they are insulated from the floor, the welding machine and the workpiece. This means that the intact insulation of the welding equipment and the employees themselves must always be ensured by means of dry and clean clothing and, if necessary, additional insulating mats. The electrode holder must therefore not be placed on the workpiece. A safe welding current return must be ensured (direct connection to the welding piece or welding table and return to the welding machine).
There is an increased electrical hazard at the following workplaces:
- if the body touches electrically conductive parts while kneeling, sitting, lying down or leaning against it,
- at workplaces where the space between two opposing electrically conductive parts is already less than 2 m so that the welder can accidentally touch these parts,
- in wet, damp or hot workplaces where the electrical resistance of human skin or work clothing and protective equipment can be significantly reduced by wetness, moisture or sweat.
Electrically conductive parts are e.g. B. metallic, damp or wet walls, floors, grates and damp or wet materials such as stone, concrete, wood or soil.
2Hazard from pollutants
The generation of pollutants during welding is heavily dependent on the welding process used and the application. The emission of pollutants is lower with lower welding voltage and lower welding current. Different welding processes produce different pollutants in different amounts. Grease, oil and other soiling, coatings such as paints and high-alloy stainless steels create more pollutants. Particularly dangerous pollutants arise when welding metal-coated steels. Toxic pollutants such as zinc, nickel, chrome fumes etc. are released. Employees should therefore work with a method that is as low in pollutants as possible and, on the other hand, thoroughly remove coatings and / or soiling from the welding point.
- Very few pollutants are produced in so-called submerged-arc welding, which involves welding under a layer of powder.
- Processes with pulse operation or lasers also cause fewer pollutants
In particular, with TIG welding you should make sure that electrodes without thorium oxide are used. This radioactive additive can be replaced by other equivalent additives (e.g. cerium or lanthanum).
3Exposure to radiation
The radiation of the electric arc has a high UV component, which damages the eyes (flashing) and can lead to blindness if exposed for a longer period of time.
4Risk of fire and explosion
In addition, there is an increased risk of fire and explosion with arc welding.
Avoidance of electrical hazards during electric welding
Protective measures against hazards from welding fumes
Protective measures against exposure to radiation
Fire protection during welding work
Summary of important protective measures for electric welding
- How demanding is the aviation industry
- What is ngftercontentinit in Angular
- How were the Caribbean islands originally settled?
- What is a mini taxi
- When will Christianity die?
- When will the RTI law come
- Is BBC pro Pakistan
- What is invoice verification
- Where do Soundcloud rappers find their beats
- How is control theory used in industry
- What are birth order features
- What are the strongest companies in the Aditya Birla Group
- What is important when taking out homeowner insurance
- How can Jammu and Kashmir be developed
- Why was Freddie Mercury gay
- Who is better 1D or BTS
- What percentage of Israelis speak English?
- What would happen if someone declared World War III?
- Why am I a sensitive person
- How do you start a happy day
- What can cause a swollen lower eyelid
- Which dentist should I go to?
- What are the famous Japanese brands
- Why do wealthy Londoners choose work