Is there a real place called Westeros
Game of Thrones: the real Westeros
Fans of "Game of Thrones" (GoT) will still have to be patient: The eighth and final season will not be broadcast until spring 2019. But the waiting time can be bridged with a trip to Northern Ireland, to the "real" Westeros. Nowhere else are there more locations for the hit fantasy series. prism presents them in three parts.
1) The Dark Hedges (Stranocum, County Antrim)
The imposing "Dark Hedges" beech alley in the small village of Stranocum has been one of Northern Ireland's most photographed natural wonders for many years. Game of Thrones made her even more famous. The avenue served the series as part of the "Königsweg", the most important land route of the Seven Kingdoms. If you want to take a souvenir photo without other tourists, you have to be patient - or get up very early.
Some trees of the Dark Hedges fell victim to violent winter storms in 2015/16. The Irish tourism authorities have carved ten doors from their wood, each representing an episode of the sixth season. The doors are distributed all over the country and freely accessible. They adorn pubs and hotels that are located near a GoT filming location. An overview of the locations can be found online at www.discovernorthernireland.com.
3) Castle Ward (near Strangford, County Down)
Castle Ward and its surroundings are known as "Winterfell" at Thronies. The House of the Starks in the north is one of the main locations of season 1 and the setting for over 20 other locations. Castle Ward is open to visitors all year round. On the Winterfell Orientation Tour, fans can borrow costumes and practice archery in exactly the same place as Bran, Jon and Robb.
4) Audley’s Castle (near Strangford, County Down)
Above Strangford Lough, on Audley’s Field, stands Audley’s Castle, a small castle from the 15th century. She also belongs to Castle Ward. After the Battle of Ochsenfurt, Robb meets his future wife Talisa here for the first time (Season 2).
5) Cuan Inn (Strangford, County Down)
The Cuan Inn is just a few minutes' drive from Castle Ward. The main cast of GoT stayed in the hotel while filming on Winterfell. There are authentic GoT banquets, inspired by the banquet for King Robert in the Starks aristocratic house. The Hodoor beer and the King’s Gold Met are unique - both only available at the Cuan Inn. The mead is even suitable for hand luggage and is therefore ideal as a souvenir for GoT fans who stayed at home.
- How do music videos make money
- How brutal was Adolf Hitler
- Which non-Muslim countries grant privileges to Islam?
- What exactly is int array in C ++
- What is the incident with the five dancing Israelis
- What animal name means hippo
- What about atheists that people don't understand
- Which camera is best for underwater photography?
- Is NYC better than SF
- How clean are hotel sheets
- How do government officials abuse public funds
- Can Pakistan survive without foreign aid
- How scientifically plausible is The Walking Dead
- Support human rights
- Modi is a Superman from India
- What is the opposite of far
- Which is the right dog to adopt
- Steven Crowder is a white supremacist
- Why do the Chinese use Quora
- How does competition benefit large companies?
- What is an update for Android apps
- Which K-pop group has more fans?
- Why do mosquitoes like dirty areas
- What do you wish for your IQ
- Is always change for the better
- How artificial intelligence could solve the Kashmir problem
- Buying an apartment is a great option
- Shell scripting is the same as bash
- Does Islam really violate the peaceful ideology of India?
- Where does America's innovation come from
- Do US laws affect overseas?
- Are Australia and New Zealand plugs the same
- What does love mean to your life
- Can you explain the VaR value for the risk