How are degree days calculated
Degree day number table
Degree day number table
According to the heating cost ordinance, the landlord is generally obliged to take an interim reading of the heating cost allocator when there is a change of tenant.
With electronic heat cost allocators, intermediate reading is possible without any problems, as the consumption is shown numerically on the display.
Intermediate readings are more difficult with evaporation devices, since they work with a so-called cold evaporation specification (see also the section on consumption recording). If the interim reading takes place shortly after the start of a new billing period, consumption that is too low is displayed due to the specification. Towards the end of the accounting period, the graduated scale is too imprecise to show a clearly visible change. An intermediate reading is pointless in these cases. In order to distribute the consumption costs more or less fairly between the previous and subsequent tenants, the heating costs ordinance allows the consumption costs to be divided according to the degree day method in these cases.
For more than twenty years, the outside temperature was measured at 7:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. at various locations in Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne and Munich) and the mean daily temperature was calculated. Assuming that on days with an average outside temperature of + 15 ° Celsius and more there is no longer a need for heating, a table was drawn up showing the heating needs for the individual months:
|June, July and August together|
In total, there are 1000 degree day numbers for twelve months.
To calculate the proportional consumption costs, divide the consumption for twelve months by 1000 degree day figures. The result is then multiplied by the sum of the degree day numbers for the rental period.
The consumption-independent part of the heating costs - usually referred to as basic costs in the heating billing - must always be converted to the pro rata rental period according to the degree day table when changing tenants during the billing period.
In contrast to the heating costs, the hot water costs are not converted according to the degree day table when there is a change of tenant. The hot water costs are converted according to the actual rental period, as the hot water temperature does not depend on the outside temperatures.
It goes without saying that the content made available in these texts can only represent a "guideline" and is never a substitute for individual advice. Although we carefully check the accuracy of the information provided, it cannot be ruled out that the case law has changed in one point or another since the text was written. Therefore, never take your own actions without further expert advice, taking into account your own contractual position! Those with no legal knowledge may not rely on the texts published here, nor on newspaper articles, etc. Just as one should not treat a not uncomplicated illness oneself, one should not play "advocate for one's own cause".
- Why shouldn't California be allowed to resign
- Why should you like the movie Dangal
- Should I move out to university?
- Why do dogs lick other dogs' urine
- What do Jehovah's Witnesses think about Islam?
- Why should you save a cat
- Which countries have the most scams
- How can regular Malaysian citizens improve Malaysia
- Since when has the Indian Army Day been celebrated?
- Pakistanis are good at politics
- What is your favorite music TV show
- Which job is best for women
- Which four states share the border with Pakistan?
- Nutrients glial cells nerve cells
- What does new blue collar mean
- When and how did Columbus discover America
- When and how was Lake Huron formed
- Why do candles burn at different speeds
- Is there a gender pay gap in India?
- What kind of pets do cows
- Where can we buy quality clothes
- What do Buddhists think of homosexuality?
- Israel is wrongly attacked by BDS
- What notoriety is not hated by anyone
- Is it human nature to be selfish?
- Most South Africans use Quora
- Which is more important movie or music
- What were the greatest weaknesses of Nazi Germany?
- Who is Max Weber
- Why does MODI work so hard
- Why do singers go barefoot
- What does the Urdu word tamaam mean
- Can I speak English in Iceland