Can animals help people?
Helpers at home and in therapy
There are also psychosocial assistance dogs. They should provide stability and security in everyday life and help their owners to live independently and self-determined. They are used, among other things, for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), autism, anxiety disorders, depression or personality disorders. Sick children can also benefit from the animal companion, trust themselves more and become more self-confident.
These dogs are used very successfully as companions for soldiers with PTSD. "Often no human therapist can approach these people and the medical possibilities have been exhausted," says Ledwina. Those affected can no longer cope with their everyday lives. You have to avoid crowds of people, for example in public places or in supermarkets, in order not to cause stressful memories. They also withdraw from friends, family members and comrades.
Together with a dog, the way out of isolation can be achieved. »The dog provides security among people and ensures the necessary distance from other people. In stressful situations he gives security, nudges or licks his master or mistress. Another effect: taking care of the dog gives the soldier self-confidence, but also forces him to become more active again and to work with the animal, ”explains the dog trainer.
The situation at home can also relax. In the case of nightmares or anxiety, the dog recognizes the need, wakes the person and, if necessary, brings him a rescue package with medication. It is important that the animal can neither replace psychotherapeutic treatment nor drugs (8).
- Did Krishna commit any sins in Mahabharat?
- Smoking weed causes insomnia
- England was colonized
- How out of date is Russia's aircraft carrier
- Why is HTML boring
- Does Russia still follow communism?
- How was the earth's atmosphere created
- Why is the Squares share rising
- Where can I download Marathi movies
- Why are you interested in asset management
- Does the Samsung Chromebook have Windows
- What is a risk and an example
- What is a female fetus
- What is calcium fluoride
- Has Shehla Rashid completed her PhD
- How real-time is the Twitter search
- What are the aspects of citizenship
- Which has more advantages of music or games
- Who are some famous New Yorkers
- What are some practices of Christianity
- What is the trinity
- How do you humiliate a submissive online
- Why do I itch my underwear
- What are the goals of silviculture