What is high school GPA
Calculating your GPA (Grade Point Average)
In the USA, too, the average grade is often asked when applying for an internship or at university. But if there is only the letters, it is of course a little difficult. That is why there is a conversion table that can be used to convert letters into numbers, which is needed for the Grade Point Average - a kind of grade point average. We have also noted the corresponding German grades for orientation so that nothing stands in the way of the GPA calculation.
Step 1 - Translate the German grade
|German note||American note in letters||American grade for GPA calculation|
|1,0 (1)||A and A +||4,0|
|1,7 (2+)||B +||3,3|
|2,7 (3+)||C +||2,3|
|4,0 (4)||D +||1,0|
|4.7 (5+) and worse||F.||0,0|
Step 2 - Weight individual GPA grades with the time required
Now you have to calculate the average value from the converted grades. As you can see, an optimal GPA value is 4.0, the worst value is 0.0. As soon as you have converted all your grades into a GPA grade, you can move on to the average value. To do this, you weight your grades with the time required for the respective subject. For school grades you can take weekly hours as time expenditure, credit points are ideal for university achievements.
For example like this:
|school subject||American GPA note||Expenditure of time||Time required x GPA grade|
|English||3,3||4 hours per week||13,2|
|mathematics||1,7||4 hours per week||6,8|
|geography||2,7||2 hours per week||5,4|
|Course at the university||American GPA note||Expenditure of time|
(1 credit point ~ 30h)
|Time required x GPA grade|
|Commercial law||3,0||5 credit points||15,0|
|higher mathematics||1,0||3 credit points||3,0|
|Markets and companies||2,7||2 credit points||5,4|
Step 3 - Divide all results by the total effort
The last step in calculating your GPA is now to divide your results from step two by the total time required. Then you have calculated the so-called arithmetic mean. This means: All your grades are included in your overall GPA, depending on how much time you spent on them. For our examples it looks like this:
13,2 + 6,8 + 5,4 = 25,4
4 + 4 + 2 = 10
25.4: 10 = 2.54 = student's GPA
15 + 3 + 5,4 = 23,4
5 + 3 + 2 = 10
23.4: 10 = 2.34 = student's GPA
There are other GPA calculation systems as well
Now you have calculated your GPA, which is required for all possible applications in the USA: be it for an internship, university, another job or simply your own interests. But when you apply, you should also add that this GPA was calculated on the more usual scale of up to 4.0 points.
There is also a scale on which you can at best achieve up to 5.0 points. This variant is less common. If you don't make a note of the scale on which your GPA is based, people may think you want to improve your grades. Because of course the 5-point scale brings higher and in the sense "better" grades than the 4-point scale.
13 readers found this tip helpful. You also?Give a star now Thank you for your review
We hope our information is useful for you. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the correctness of the information. If you find a mistake, send us an email quickly to Redaktion (at) stepin.de
- When was Argentina at its best?
- Is Donald Trump a good person
- Can someone buy research chemicals on ebay
- Hire the CIA computer hackers
- Why is Christianity such a powerful movement
- Are Narendra Modi and Amit Shah fascist
- Is Hebrew a useful language outside of Israel
- Why is education better than money
- What are good questions about icebreakers
- What do the ascendants of Libra look like?
- What should I never do in college
- Which forum do the Japanese usually use
- What color is Satan
- The BBC is almost bankrupt
- What is a steel toe boot
- Are traps straight
- Are Tasmanian tigers really extinct?
- What are the goals of the mass media
- What are the unknown facts about Kannada
- What is causing pressure in your eye
- What is an assault rifle
- Why can't I share pictures on WhatsApp
- Reverse discrimination is a real problem
- When will Neon Genesis Evangelion be good
- Can you outgrow a phobia
- Are there bilingual newspapers in Chinese English
- What happened to PM Modi in London
- Why shouldn't you stay in Switzerland?
- Why are more libertarians not liberals?
- What is the opposite of natural
- What are the most anti-intellectual countries
- Can I do HIIT cardio every day
- Buy Donald Trump fake Twitter followers
- Why am I interested in the business