How are the taxis in Austin TX
There are 4 ways to get from Austin to San Marcos by train, bus, taxi or car
Select an option to view step-by-step route descriptions and compare ticket prices and journey times in the Rome2rio travel planner.
Train • 42 min.
- Take the train from Austin to San Marcos AmtrakTexas Eagle
$23 - $35
3 alternative options
Bus • 45 min.
- Take the bus from Austin Downtown to San Marcos2230
Taxi • 32 min.
- Take a taxi from Austin to San Marcos31.1 miles
$100 - $130
Drive • 32 min.
- Drive from Austin to San Marcos31.1 miles
$3 - $5
Travel safely during COVID-19
Rules to be followed in USA
Travel within USA
Domestic border crossings can be approved, checked and quarantined
frequently asked Questions
Yes, travel within the US is currently permitted.Explore travel options
Domestic travel is not restricted, but some conditions may apply.
- Face masks are recommended
- A social distance rule of 2 meters applies.
- Domestic border crossings can be approved, checked and quarantined
The number for the national COVID-19 counseling center in San Marcos is 800-232-4636.
Wearing a face mask on public transport in San Marcos is recommended.
The social distance rule in San Marcos is 2 meters.
Report to an official and / or call the national coronavirus advice center at 800-232-4636.
Last updated:18 May 2021
Exceptions may apply. Details: Centers for Disease control and prevention (CDC).
We work around the clock to provide you with the latest COVID-19 travel information.
The information is compiled from official sources. To the best of our knowledge, they are correct at the time of the most recent updates.
For general advice, go to Rome2rio travel advice.
The cheapest way to get from Austin to San Marcos is to drive which costs $ 3 - $ 5 and takes 32 min.
The quickest way to get from Austin to San Marcos is to taxi which costs $ 100 - $ 130 and takes 32 min.
Yes, there is a direct bus departing from Austin Downtown and arriving at San Marcos. Connections run once a day, and run every day. The journey takes about 45 minutes.
Yes, there is a direct train departing from Austin and arriving at San Marcos Amtrak. Connections run once a day, and run every day. The journey takes about 42 minutes.
The distance between Austin and San Marcos is 29 miles. The road distance is 31.1 miles.
Call up directions
The best way to get from Austin to San Marcos without a car is to train which takes 42 min and costs $ 23 - $ 35.
The train from Austin to San Marcos Amtrak takes 42 min including transfers and departs once a day.
Austin to San Marcos bus services, operated by FlixBus-us, depart from Austin Downtown station.
Austin to San Marcos train services, operated by Amtrak, depart from Austin station.
The best way to get from Austin to San Marcos is to train which takes 42 min and costs $ 23 - $ 35. Alternatively you can take the bus, which costs and takes 45 min.
Details about the means of transport
What companies run services between Austin, TX, USA and San Marcos, TX, USA?
Austin to San Marcos bus services, operated by FlixBus-us, arrive at San Marcos station.
Austin to San Marcos train services, operated by Amtrak, arrive at San Marcos Amtrak station.
Yes, the driving distance between Austin to San Marcos is 31 miles. It takes approximately 32 min to drive from Austin to San Marcos.
Call up directions
Book your Austin to San Marcos train tickets online with Omio.
Search and book
There are 160+ hotels available in San Marcos. Prices start at $ 100 USD per night.
San Marcos, USA
San Marcos is a city in central Texas. It is located between Austin to the north and San Antonio to the south on Interstate 35 in Hays County. The city is also the seat of the county administration (County Seat). - Wikipedia
Things to do in San Marcos
Jacob’s Well is a karst spring in the state of Texas in the United States.
Accommodation in San Marcos
Rome2rio makes traveling from Austin to San Marcos easy.
Rome2rio is a door-to-door travel information and booking search engine that helps you get to anywhere in the world. Find all the transport options for your trip from Austin to San Marcos right here. Rome2rio shows you current timetables and route maps as well as the duration of the trip and approximate fares from relevant transport companies. So you have all the information you need to choose the best connection for your journey. Reservations are also very easy and uncomplicated with Rome2rio, because tickets from selected providers can be booked online directly through us.
- Why does estrogen cause breast cancer
- How does the Malayalam language sound to foreigners
- What if Shivaji Maharaj never existed
- We are all connected by globalization
- Why should you obey the law
- MongoDB is more difficult than MySQL
- Why should I marry my girlfriend
- What is a fireplace with direct ventilation
- Circuses still use animals
- How did you cure your cystic acne
- How much longer can Bigfoot stay hidden
- What are some alternatives to REST APIs
- Is energy drink good for teenagers
- Why does the TV show Bones
- Which zodiac sign is best as an ascendant?
- What could you no longer agree with?
- Like many Iranian scientists, the Mossad murdered
- Why did we come into this world?
- All American Democrats are Liberals
- What is the RBI slogan
- Are there white privileges in Morocco?
- Why are 99 suicide bombers Muslim?
- Who wrote the declaration of independence
- How are sentences marked in the Thai text
- How has technology influenced visual art
- How are the IIT Guwahati placements in 2019
- How can you prove someone is narcissistic?
- What are the advantages of ITI
- What should you wear to church
- How do I deal with the negativity of my father
- Why do smart people vote Republicans
- What is the best function in math
- Why does India not occupy POK