Why do you think people get sexist?
Sexism exaggerates a certain gender, at the same time devalues other genders and exposes discrimination.
Sexism is based on gender stereotypes, i.e. certain ideas about women and men, certain gender-specific attributions and related specific expectations.
Sexism affects both women and men. It relates to women differently and also more often negatively.
Effects on transgender people
Sexism has a particularly negative impact on transgender people. They are often confronted with psychological and physical violence on their ways between the sexes:
In May 2013 the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) published the first results of its "EU LGBT Survey: European Union lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender survey". According to this, 35 percent of transgender people have been physically or verbally attacked because of their sexual orientation within the last 5 years.
- European Union lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender survey - Results at a glance: 1 MBPDF
In the international research project TMM - Trans Murder Monitoring, 2,609 murders of transgender people were recorded in a total of 71 countries worldwide, 2,048 of them in Central and South America, 123 in Europe. The number of unreported cases is probably even higher. Murders of transgender people based on their gender are hardly ever officially recorded. Only those hate crimes reported by transgender activists are known.
Transphobia describes a social aversion or hostility towards people who deviate from the norm in their gender identity or in their gender appearance or who cannot be clearly classified in the binary system "man and woman". Affected people are assessed negatively, insulted, degraded, disadvantaged or even physically attacked.
City of Vienna | Vienna anti-discrimination agency for same-sex and transgender lifestyles
- Is Steve Bannon Trumps Goebbels
- What is whistleblower resolution
- Astigmatism can suddenly worsen
- What does yeee mean in Cantonese
- What is a white label payment gateway
- Have you ever knowingly hurt someone?
- Which national holiday is today?
- When did a child's tears confuse you?
- What is the original aadhaar card
- What are you paranoid about
- Why is Nepal so beautiful
- Why did Vettel lose his touch
- How Jains are Hindus
- How do I deal with the negativity of my father
- Are you an underwear fanatic?
- Is a late abortion murder
- What are the nationality rights of adopted children?
- Can someone have more than two passports?
- Leaving Egyptian Egypt
- Why are Americans obsessed with size
- Is the startup funding summit 2019 good
- Have you been discriminated against in Japan?
- The world hates you
- Can trade protectionism help an economy
- What's your rating of Zoho Mail
- Why do Kashmiris believe they are occupied?
- Why is Chuck Schumer dangerous
- What is blue light? Is it harmful?
- Why did my cat have 9 kittens
- What does a vestibular migraine feel like?
- Which superhero best describes you
- Is war good for mankind