Hospitals change clothes for patients
What do I have to take to the hospital? The checklist
There is a lot to prepare for an upcoming hospitalization. Above all, many patients ask themselves: What must or should I take with me? Here is an overview of what you should pack:
“Medical records for the clinic
- Referral certificate from the general practitioner or specialist
- Clinic card or name of health insurance and insurance number (for privately insured patients), health insurance card (for patients with statutory health insurance)
- medical findings (if available) such as x-rays, findings on chronic diseases
- Medicine passports such as vaccination passport, allergy passport
You can read more about what medical documents you should take with you to the hospital here.
If you take medication regularly, bring it with you to the clinic for the first few days. In the case of rare drugs in particular, it can take a while for the hospital to obtain them. Some medications need to be stopped before surgery. Talk to your doctor about this in good time before your stay in the clinic - at least two to three weeks in advance.
»Laundry and toiletries
- Towels / washcloths
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
- Shampoo, shower gel
- Comb, hair bust
- Face cream
- Makeup kit
- Nail scissors, nail file
- Shaving utensils
- Hair dryer
- Tampons, sanitary towels
- small mirror for the bedside table
- comfortable clothing for the stay on the ward and for discharge. Make sure that dressings or thrombosis stockings fit underneath if necessary.
- Pajamas / nightgowns to change,
- sufficient underwear for several days,
- sufficient stockings, thick socks,
- Slippers, sturdy shoes, possibly shoehorn.
»Others for personal use
- Books and magazines,
- Cell phone (The use of cell phones is now allowed in most hospitals, but is still strictly prohibited in some. However, if you can move outside the clinic, you can make calls there). It is best to find out about the conditions when you register.
- Alarm clock,
- Writing utensils, address book,
- Glasses, contact lenses, cleaner,
- Hearing aid,
- Walking stick,
- adapted support stockings and other aids.
Author & source information
- What is 0 deposit
- How can US sanctions affect Russia?
- Homemade smoothies are better than bought in the store
- Do art and science really go together
- Who is Umr Ibn Khattab
- How many time zones does Australia have
- What are angel investors and venture capitalists
- How do I impress people
- How has Roman art influenced today's society?
- Why is Indian television so stupid
- Which gifts start with the letter L.
- Why is Shiv Sena not banned
- You can knead over bread
- Postgraduate studies are necessary
- Has machines plural
- Are clove cigarettes safer than regular cigarettes
- Is sex with a ghost a sin?
- How is UTC calculated
- How does a soul choose a body
- Why is allusion important in literature
- What makes Tamils so special
- Can the Tesla Tower be recreated
- Why are Turks not seen as Europeans
- President Vladimir Putin is a globalist
- Why should China attack India?
- What are the best depressing songs
- The American founding fathers were libertarian
- When can you feel completely satisfied
- When do planes fly at supersonic speed
- Babies are useless
- What percentage of the atmosphere is CO2
- Why is League of Legends so stressful
- Why don't cancer cells die
- Which K-pop group has more fans?