Are there natural ways to treat bipolar
Although little is known about the causes of bipolar disorder, effective treatments are available. If those affected or their relatives notice symptoms of bipolar disorder, they should not hesitate to seek professional help. Various treatment methods are used in the treatment of bipolar disorder, depending on both the severity of the disease and its course.
The diagnosis can be determined in the course of a detailed conversation between a specialist in psychiatry and psychotherapy and the sick person, sometimes also the next of kin.
Acute and long-term treatment
In acute treatment, the initial aim is to "get" the patient out of his current manic, depressive or mixed illness episode and to stabilize it, to reduce the acute level of suffering and, if necessary, to restore the patient's insight into the illness. If there is a significant improvement in the symptoms of the disease, continuation therapy and relapse prevention follow. Their aim is to stabilize the patient over the long term and prevent relapses.
In addition to good education and psychosocial support for patients and their relatives, drug therapy is very important, the effectiveness of which is clearly proven. The drugs are not only effective in reducing acute symptoms during manic and depressive phases, but can also prevent such phases. This fact is the basis of the recommendation not to stop taking the medication after an episode of illness, but to take it for a longer period of time. The natural salt lithium has a special position in the treatment of bipolar disorder because it lowers both the risk of manic and depressive episodes particularly strongly. Lithium also lowers the suicide rate by up to 80 percent even if manic or depressive episodes continue to occur. In addition to lithium, anticonvulsants, especially valproic acid and lamotrigine, antipsychotics and antidepressants are used in bipolar disorder. Despite these diverse therapeutic options, in many cases (over 50%) a full recovery is not achieved.
In addition to psychoeducation and drug therapy, additional psychotherapeutic treatment has proven to be effective in depressive phases. The focus is on dealing with the causes and triggers of the disease as well as the targeted practice of new behaviors.
- What are the cons of eating snacks
- When will transhumanism begin?
- What is standard language
- When were superpowers thought of in history
- Is Australia more liberal or conservative?
- Why is Reliance Industries' debt increasing
- Is Queen Elizabeth II watching TV
- How do traders rate options
- What does osteoporosis mean
- When will the Greek civilization begin
- What do favorite colors say about people
- What celebrities are actually really respectable people
- What are the best exams according to bsc
- Is Christianity a religion of violence
- Why is it good to be a leader?
- What is the origin of Presbyterian
- Which films have the best opening credits
- Nutrients glial cells nerve cells
- Is Trump anti-liberal
- Why is child labor so difficult
- Is culture a technology
- Where can I find UPSC curriculum PDF
- Why is Henry Kissinger respected
- How are Maryland taxes filed?