Which three things make life in the country better?
9 reasons why village life is best
Street noise, crowds and anonymity are not your thing? Welcome to the country!
Most Germans live in cities - especially small and medium-sized towns are very trendy, according to a ZDF study. Despite this fact, 44 percent of Germans dream of living in the country. We are not surprised, because life in the village offers many advantages. For example this:
1. Weekend planning? Very relaxed!
To the Fairtrade flea market or a champagne brunch in one of the 200 hipster restaurants? No way! Those who live in the country tend to be relieved of decisions: at the weekend they go to the village pub. We are guaranteed to meet familiar faces - and we would be happy to have a little on the house! And if you're throwing a private party, at least no neighbor will complain about disturbing the peace.
2. You have romantic memories of your childhood
"We built the tree house here earlier, over there we bolted every afternoon and we secretly smoked our first cigarette in the bush" - anyone who grew up in the country can indulge in memories forever. Although rural children often grow up very sheltered - after all, the main danger was the main road that leads through the village - the adventures are not neglected: village children know how to get by in nature and know animals not only from the zoo, but from the farm next door. This shapes and creates an awareness of nature and living beings!
3. Country life is quieter - and healthier
In the city there is always a background noise, in the rural idyll most of the time there is silence. Several studies show that people who live in rural areas are less likely to be mentally ill. In addition, the air is better than in the huge metropolis. Take a deep breath and enjoy the silence!
4. You only know traffic jams from the radio
Admittedly, the way to the supermarket or to your best friend can be further in the country than in the city - but that doesn't have to mean that you need longer! Do you want to take a quick bike ride or drive to the best buddies in the neighboring town - and that without being stuck in a traffic jam or every 50 meters in front of a red light? No problem!
5. The clocks tick more slowly
The bus is coming in 20 minutes? Great, that's soon! Where city dwellers get nervous, you stay relaxed. And if the bus doesn't come, your neighbor will drive you into town - or Aunt Helga, who is actually not your aunt at all.
6. You take care of each other
In many villages everyone knows everyone. This can sometimes be annoying, but it can also lead to more helpfulness and a sense of responsibility among each other. Anyone who has been out alone in the dark in the evening knows that this can be a pretty reassuring feeling. Cohesion is very important here!
7. The rents are cheaper
Figures show: life in the big city is becoming more and more expensive, life in the country tends to be cheaper. The good news: Country people with average earnings can afford more than a broom closet - if their own family doesn't already own a house or an entire farm. Rent an additional parking space? Nonsense, village children just park where there is space.
8. The nights are better
... in a double sense: people from the village have been shown to sleep better than city dwellers - even if only lightly. What if you do lie awake? Go outside, look at the stars - because nowhere does that work better than in the country!
9. You can relax in nature by cherishing and caring for it
And it can even be really fun! Heat around with the lawnmower tractor, hose down the terrace with the high-pressure cleaner, finally let off steam while digging around the garden - perfect for switching off! In addition, you can ideally buy your potatoes directly in the yard next door. Win win!
22 sentences that every village child knows
"Cool, the next bus is coming in 13 minutes!" Or: "Be at home when it's dark!" A declaration of love for country life - in 22 sentences that every village child has said or heard before. more
This topic in the program:
N-JOY | N-JOY with Susan Hammann | 07/09/2019 | 09:00 a.m.
- How ruthless was Vladimir Lenin
- Why does hyperthyroidism cause weight loss
- Is Billy Joel personally nice
- What is the significance of the population increase
- Which Indian TV actress is the hottest
- What makes an Indian woman sad?
- Can a civilian visit the Indian Army
- What is contractual hiring in hiring
- How can I prepare for winter in Boston
- Is the certificate really worth it in international trade
- Which party does Trump belong to
- What are some common precursors to migraines
- How do you respond to Christian missionaries
- Why is tungsten stronger than metal
- Why can't Shudras marry Brahmins?
- How can someone be so hypocritical
- We can also sell services online
- Are there Yiddish words that people abuse?
- What did people call the First World War in 1914?
- What is amethyst
- Who divided Hindus into different castes
- Expires Red Bull
- Should I go to Purdue or UIUC
- What are substitutes for eye lubricant drops
- What is it like to hate someone
- What kind of marble is that
- Why do I hate my father 1
- Badly listened to music all day
- How do you communicate with Sonia Gandhi
- Are ideas seen in the eyes
- What are some cultural taboos in Serbia
- How blind people go to college
- Are you a libertarian socialist
- How do bush brakes come about in Australia