Why all Chinese look the same
Why all Asians look so similar to Europeans
To test this, study leader Michael Bernstein and his colleagues designed a scenario in which only the group membership and not the degree of habituation varied: They showed a total of 99 volunteers photos of strange faces with the same skin color as themselves Half of those pictured said the researchers were attending the same university as the test takers, while the others were allegedly from a different university. In fact, the test subjects were able to remember the faces of their supposed fellow students better than those of the others, the evaluation showed. The effect was measurable even when the groups were completely artificial based on a bogus personality test, according to the researchers.
Even without the habituation effect, the group feeling alone is enough to influence facial recognition, the researchers conclude. They suspect that the moment the other person is identified as a member of your own group, an automatic facial recognition program starts up, which does not respond to members of other groups. In addition, when faced with strange faces, people may focus on the features of the strange category rather than the individual characteristics. In daily life, both effects, social categorization and habituation, probably play a role? According to the researchers, what proportions must now be investigated.
- Christianity and Islam are both organized religions
- What is a theocratic society
- How important is African American history
- Leaving social media reduces social anxiety
- How do I demotivate myself
- Why is San Francisco so cheap
- How are local government funded in Australia
- Who are the celebrities died of cancer
- Was Alexander the Great a homosexual?
- Who created the Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Are nuclear power plants prone to terrorism
- Are there still Germans in Kaliningrad?
- I could become a meaningful person
- Are vegan fanatics
- What is the most beautiful spoken language
- How can Stripe overtake PayPal
- Why is pizza so filling
- What is continuous advancement in software development
- What is the state government
- How does Adobe Systems
- Why are more people getting divorced
- What is GOP in US Politics
- Americans suffer from post-political correctness
- What is fluoride made of
- Can you become a millionaire by coding?
- How is the Constitution of your country contradicting itself
- How do Nascar and Formula 1 differ
- Why are Norwegians so cold and aloof
- Chase fame good or bad
- Unlike in Japan, most of the people spoken are Japanese
- How does the government shutdown affect immigrants?
- Is the Church of Satan evil