Is it okay to hate Israel?
Is criticism of Israel anti-Semitic?
Protest actions against Israel or for the cause of the Palestinians are not by definition an expression of hatred of all Jews and therefore not necessarily a form of anti-Semitism. In theory, it should be possible to disagree on everything that is happening in and around the State of Israel. Opinions often differ widely among Jews too.
However, a real discussion about "Zionism" or a normal critical debate about Israel is becoming more and more difficult to have. The points of view have hardened. The emotions build up quickly. This can be seen on the internet and on social media. There Israel is regularly compared with Nazi Germany. Then you can read: What Israel is doing with the Palestinians today is the same as the systematic extermination of the Jews by the Nazis in World War II.
This comparison is not only inappropriate, but also wrong and hurtful. There are victims in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. But there is no talk of annihilation. If you make such comparisons, it is actually anti-Semitic.
Criticism of Israel is often linked to anti-Semitic myths and symbols. So one encounters hurtful, hateful caricatures that depict rich Jews or are supposed to show how Israel is behind the scenes all over the world. A criticism of Israel with such representations and symbols brings back memories of the persecutions in the past, of the Holocaust. That fits into the long history of anti-Semitism.
- European women find Indian men attractive
- What is contract hierarchy
- Why are there rules for war
- What is the best music for sex
- How do you play squash
- Is vegetable soup good for breakfast
- What drug makes you emotionless
- How can I complain about fraud companies
- Bruce Lee was really half white
- What pizza is delicious
- What did Mahatma Gandhi believe in?
- What is so important about LGBT
- Who is Donald Trump's big brother
- All Asians are good at math
- Why is India known for rape cases
- When did the Arabs stop speaking Fusha?
- Why isn't Russia Christian again?
- How does AAP work in Punjab
- How can I design an architectural elevation
- Who is Saqlain Mushtaq
- Do you want to kill God
- How do I read Harry Potter again
- What do Jehovah's Witnesses think about Islam?
- Is television a piece of furniture