Opposition of the opposition party in parliament
(& copy bpb)The opposition in a parliament are the members of the parliament who do not belong to the ruling coalition or parliamentary group.
In a parliamentary democracy, MPs elect the head of government. MPs from a party or MPs with the same goals often form a parliamentary group.
These factions are then called the coalition factions or the coalition for short.
In addition to the coalition, there is also an opposition in a parliament. The word opposition means "to oppose". The opposition often disagrees with the coalition and the government. That is why they often look very carefully to see whether the government is working well. Its job is to control the work of the government.
The opposition can also show that it has other, better solutions. It can therefore also make a counter-proposal for a law. Strong opposition is important for democracy.
The opposition gives its opinion in parliament. The government and the citizens hear other opinions than those of the coalition and the government. The voter can then decide at the next election which opinion he or she thinks better.
There can also be an opposition outside of parliament. It is also called: extra-parliamentary opposition. These are, for example, opponents of the government. Or there are groups that are of the opinion that their ideas are not represented in parliament.
Through demonstrations, petitions and other actions, these groups can spread their ideas and opinions. This can lead to the formation of new parties. Perhaps this new party will get enough votes in the next election to be represented in parliament.
Back to the home page: simply POLITICS. Lexicon in simple language
- Why don't people care about suicides?
- How do you play mafia
- How controversial is Taylor Swift
- Can Pakistan defeat Israel and India alone
- Are malls really good for customers?
- How to build political stability
- Supports Laravel PHP 7
- Motivational Speaker Who is Nick Vujicic
- Are MSN messages fake messages
- Where can I learn the Korean language
- How far our eyes can see
- Startups should offer their employees shares
- Are Waluigi and Wario brothers
- Online dating is happier than traditional dating
- Why did V BTS temporarily leave BTS
- What does Chikena mean in Igbo
- Which dessert would you never try again?
- Pol Pot was a psychopath
- Can women drink beer during certain periods of time?
- Why are Goans so happy
- How does an A affect my GPA
- Should you thank someone after they have sex
- What is a religious cult
- Qantas flies to India