Who is the owner of Instagram
The big social media groups Who owns which network?
Facebook, Instagram, Youtube: the list of social networks and online platforms is long. But behind the many offers are always the same corporations. Where does your own data end up in the end?
Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Vine, Youtube, Snapchat, Pinterest - out of fear of potential competitors, they buy what is currently trendy. It is not so easy for the customer to keep track of where their own data is going.
WhatsApp or Facebook - all one
"Beware of Facebook!" - That was the dominant topic in my online circle of friends some time ago: Because the network with its 1.4 billion members changed the general terms and conditions, my Facebook friends called on me in a row to turn my back on the service. But those who prefer to send their messages via WhatsApp instead of Facebook Messenger will of course go from bad to worse since the service was bought by Facebook last year.
Data protectionists fear that Facebook would like to exchange user data between the services in the future - even if the company has denied this so far. So would you rather exchange photos via Instagram?
- Pustecake - Instagram has also been part of Facebook since 2012.
The strategy is to buy up each other
It is similar with other offers: Almost all new platforms, as soon as they are really successful and the number of users increases, will be swallowed by one of the big fish. If only for fear that competition could grow.
- For example, Vine, a video platform for Twitter: founded in June 2012, bought by Twitter in October 2012.
- Skype now belongs to Microsoft, YouTube of course to Google.
The parent company collects the data
Users can assume that their data will all be neatly collected and evaluated by the parent company when using the subsidiary services. Of course, that is not reprehensible in itself - it should only be clear to you if you are using a newcomer or one of the supposed niche products: Very few are independent - even if they run under their own name.
- Yahoo owns the Tumblr micro-logging service, and Amazon owns the IMDB film database.
- Via the investment subsidiary Google Ventures, Google has invested in the taxi service Uber and the radio portal Tune.In, among others.
The trouble is, the more successful a small service is, the more likely it will be bought out. If we now overflow in droves to new offers such as Snapchat, Viber, Wire, Whisper or Ello, we shouldn't be surprised if one of the big companies will soon open up the big wallet again.
On-line: Heidi Keller
Wolfgang Stuflesser, ARD correspondent Los Angeles
As of August 14, 2015, 2:42 p.m.
- The ill effects of marijuana are permanent
- What is the meaning of Yadav
- Why is China a Technological Innovator
- Can sexual intercourse break virginity?
- What only advice will you give me
- What is the independent
- How are smart cities financed
- What are social institutions 2
- What does katari mean in Kannada
- States should have more power
- Is Arvind Kejriwal doing anything?
- Who are the ancestors of the Hungarians
- What do deer symbolize
- Are North Koreans patriotic
- Hinduism is coming back to Indonesia
- Can an ordinary person be a genius?
- What phobia is the fear of strangers
- Is magic anti-christian
- How many Brahmins were slaughtered by Aurangzeb
- What's your rating of IGCSE
- What are the military relations between Pakistan and Qatar
- Laurels is a good brand
- Do Chanakya's thoughts work in today's world
- How are the Conservatives in Alberta