Does 5 hours of energy really work
The power consumption of an oven
Some bake several times a week, others only sporadically - but hardly any household can do without an oven. With frequent use, it becomes one of the largest consumers of electricity in the household. Because baking is very energy-consuming. As a guideline, an oven has a power consumption of 1500 to 2000 watts at 200 degrees per hour.
The oven - an underrated major consumer
On average, cooking and baking together make up 10 percent of the electricity consumption of a two-person household. How efficiently an oven works can be seen in detail from the energy label. The differences are sometimes considerable. A class A oven consumes an average of 0.8 kWh per cycle. With an A +++ device, the consumption drops to 0.4 kWh. Assuming 100 baking cycles per year, the annual electricity costs for an oven are in the highest efficiency class around 25 euros (average electricity price 30 cents per kWh)
How efficiently an oven works also largely depends on how well it is insulated. If little heat escapes to the outside, less electricity has to be used. In technical jargon it is said that the oven does not have to "tighten up" as much. For this reason, for example a triple-glazed flap to be preferred to a double-glazed one.
Energy classes indicate the power consumption of the oven
In January 2015, a separate energy efficiency label was introduced for ovens. This not only indicates the energy efficiency class, but also the average consumption values in kWh. When classifying the efficiency class, the Size of the baking space considered. When it comes to the power consumption of a mini oven and a conventional oven, it may well be that they belong to the same class, but the consumption differs significantly. The allocation takes place according to three volume levels:
- 12–34 l (small ovens)
- 35–64 l (medium ovens)
- From 65 l (large ovens)
In addition to the size, the power consumption of the oven for a regular baking cycle is listed. If a recirculation function is available, the energy label specifies the consumption for both a regular and a a circulating air passage. Anyone who knows how often they use their own oven can use this information to calculate the oven's annual electricity consumption.
On the energy label is from a "cycle" the speech. This is a standardized baking cycle with regard to length, temperature and load. In this way, the inspectors guarantee the comparability of the data.
Saving tips for using ovens
If you follow a few easy-to-implement tips, the energy consumption of the oven can be significantly reduced:
- Avoid opening the oven door too often.
- If possible, you should use the air circulation function. The heat is better distributed, which means that ovens can also be operated at lower temperatures.
- When there is enough baked goods, several baking trays should be pushed one on top of the other in the oven.
- The oven should not be heated up for four gratinated toasts or buns.
- A toaster with an attachment is a more economical alternative to baking rolls in the oven.
- The residual heat can be used for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the baking heat.
Several recipes suggest preheating the oven. This may be convenient and time-saving when preparing the dough, for example. But it is not energy efficient. If you omit the preheating, the power consumption of the oven can be reduced by up to 20 percent reduce.
WEB.DE Strom - the provider for low electricity costs
With WEB.DE Energie you can switch electricity providers within a few minutes and save electricity. When changing from the basic service, the notice period is only 2 weeks. We take care of all change modalities for you. You can calculate the tariff content with basic price and consumption price per kWh and select your desired tariff.
- Which Linux distribution has the largest community?
- Are ICSE results important
- How many taluks are there in Karnataka
- What is an Old Testament Church
- What makes you fall in love
- What are meant by boundary conditions
- What is the index of an array
- Who is the Biggest Traitor in India?
- How am I interested in coding
- Eats pork against the Hindu religion
- Who are the celebrities died of cancer
- How does Warren Buffett invest
- What are North Korea's major cities
- What does a vestibular migraine feel like?
- What are examples of blasphemy?
- What are Unusual American Names
- Why is liberalism idealistic
- Why are geniuses so rare
- Why is globalization good for culture
- How is HCU
- What are some good podcasts on Spotify
- Why should I pray to Mother Mary?
- Mandarin dialects are understandable for both sides
- Are height-growing supplements effective