How many daughters does Lord Shiva have
Shiva's white skin symbolizes the light that drives away the darkness, the knowledge that drives away ignorance. Shiva is also called "blue neck" (Nilakantha) because he drank the poison that threatened to destroy the world when the gods and demons churned up the ocean of milk to gain the nectar. The poison stopped in his throat and stayed there, saving the outside world and Shiva himself. But the poison stained his throat blue.
The trident (trisula), a weapon with three prongs, symbolizes the destruction of the ego together with its threefold desire nature in connection with the body, mind and intellect. Shiva with his trident points to the victory over the ego, which leads to perfection. The three points represent the three properties (gunas): sattva (pure, clear), rajas (active) and tamas (dull, sluggish and unmoved); the three phases of creation: creation, maintenance, destruction; as well as the three states: jagrat (wakefulness), swapna (dream phase) and sushupti (deep sleep).
The drum represents sound, alphabet, grammar, language and the entire field of sacred and secular arts and sciences. The drum in his hands means that all of creation, including the arts and sciences, arose out of his divine will, or are merely a game of his. First Shiva drums, then he dances the dance of the universe as Nataraja.
The two eyes of Shiva symbolize the sun and the moon; his third eye symbolizes fire. The third eye represents the eye of knowledge and wisdom, the center of its omniscience. He burned the demon Manmatha, i.e. desire, with his third eye, known as "jnana chakshu", which literally means "eye of wisdom" and shows that Shiva has a divine view of reality.
All of the sky, including the wind, shapes Shiva's hair. Shiva is the lord of the wind who represents the subtle breath. King Bhagiratha wanted to bring the Ganges from heaven to earth in order to secure salvation for the souls of his deceased ancestors. The king was faced with a problem. The force of the powerful current was too great to hit the earth directly.
The king needed a stopover to mitigate the fall from the great heavenly height. The king turned to Shiva, who agreed to help. Shiva caught the Ganges, falling from the sky, in his felt-like hair and divided the one great river into seven. He then directed these seven currents from his hair to the earth.
The Ganges stands for true self-knowledge. The common man finds it difficult to understand this experience of the highest state. It takes great souls like Bhagiratha to give such understanding to people. However, in order for people to benefit from the flow of knowledge, the strength of the flow or the experience must be manageable. The Ganges purifies everything that comes into contact with it. The bearer of the corridor becomes the personification of cleansing or redeeming qualities.
The powerful time represented by the crescent moon is nothing more than an ornament for Shiva. With the flow of time, the moon increases and decreases. Shiva wears the moon on his head, which shows that he is master of time.
The tiger skin symbolizes complete mastery of anger. The elephant skin that he wears symbolizes that all animal impulses can be brought under control. So Shiva rises and masters all manifested power.
The coiled serpent represents time and Kundalini energy (serpentine power). Shiva is a master of time and energy.
Shiva's skull garland
The skull garland and the ashes on Shiva's body symbolize his role as Lord of Destruction. This also depicts the cycles of the appearance and disappearance of human races. The skull garland also represents the egos of humanity that he has destroyed.
- Which countries do not have a 4G network?
- Saves you money buying a fuser head
- How Much Does an Uber Driver Cost
- What makes Diwali an unforgettable festival
- What will Disney Plus be available for?
- How do I become a cabinet secretary?
- Donald Trump does a good job
- Programmers should be Microsoft Office certified
- How Can I Build Business Loans Quickly
- What is 10 6 16 4
- How is life in St. Louis Missouri
- Does the UN work
- How can I learn Japanese myself
- Why am I attracted to her?
- Where is Donald Trump's foreign policy headed?
- How do you last conversations
- Good is a transportation company in India
- Why were Muslim invaders so cruel
- How do people get jobs on Google
- What is a till collection
- Is it good for you to eat meat?
- Chandrababu Naidu is unhappy
- How do the communists start a revolution?
- Can a fighter jet escape in space?
- Religious Jews usually eat sourdough bread
- All Japanese-Korean comedy romance school films
- Why is cockroach called cockroach
- How does sex change a friendship?
- What are traps
- What is Emilio Estevez's nationality?
- Can CCNA get me a job
- How hot millet is in Kannada
- What happened to Ireland
- How do twin deficits affect an economy?