Why is India not attacking Pakistan because of PoK
Military parade and protests on Indian National Day
India celebrated its national holiday yesterday with a large military parade in New Delhi. Republic Day commemorates the country's democratic constitution that came into force 70 years ago on January 26, 1950. India had gained independence from Great Britain three years earlier in 1947.
During the military parade, military battalions and police officers marched down a crowded boulevard in the heart of the capital. Tanks, missile systems and fighter jets were presented. Celebrations also took place in other cities. However, there were protests in parts of India.
Vortex over Bolsonaro's visit
Indian President Ram Nath Kovind received his Brazilian counterpart Jair Bolsonaro as a guest of honor in New Delhi. The right-wing politician's invitation had previously caused criticism. Bolsonaro has caused outrage in the past with derogatory remarks about homosexuals, women and blacks. The day before, Bolsonaro and India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi had signed several agreements to strengthen bilateral trade.
In the mostly Muslim state of Jammu and Kashmir, the security situation was tense on the national holiday. Several explosions occurred in Assam state, but police said they did not cause any damage. Protests against a controversial naturalization law took place in New Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai, among others.
The law makes it easier for people who have entered the country illegally from the three neighboring countries of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan, which are mostly Muslim, to be naturalized - provided they are not Muslims. Critics see it as a violation of India's secular constitution because it ties rights to religion. The preamble to the constitution was read out at a protest in New Delhi that night. Modi argues that the law helps religiously persecuted people from neighboring countries.
- Do you feel threatened by direct democracy?
- Why do immigrants work hard academically
- In what color do the blind dream
- What makes an eye beautiful
- What do you think of Malayalam films
- Why was leprosy switched to Hansen's disease
- The Brita filter removes fluoride
- What will a bad citizen do
- Why did XXXTentacion have to die
- How weak is the eyesight
- Why are Nigerian gemstones not valuable
- Has Trump canceled college debt for veterans
- What if Russia never moved to Siberia?
- Are colored contact lenses safe
- Is there a natural cure for glaucoma
- How does the underwriting work in advance?
- What does Narendra Modi's victory mean
- What time zone is England
- Indian democracy becomes majority democracy
- Why shouldn't you stay in Switzerland?
- Is democracy unpopular in India
- How do I choose a leather sofa?
- Have Jews kept slaves
- Who won the American War of Independence