The name Daniel is common in Switzerland
Maria is by far the most common first name in Switzerland. At the end of 2013, 87,404 women had this name - more than every fiftieth woman. How dominant the name is in Switzerland is also made clear by the lead over the second most popular name: 43,846 women are called Anna.
And what about the men? There, Peter, Daniel and Hans are in a head-to-head race.
With the interactive first name tool of the Federal Statistical Office (FSO) everyone can analyze their own first name. How common is it in Switzerland? Most popular in which language region? And in which year is it particularly popular? All first names of the resident population living today up to the year of birth 1902 are taken into account.
What the first names in the top 20 above have in common is that their heyday is long over. For example, among those born between 2010 and 2013 there were only 54 Peter left in Switzerland. Three quarters of all people with this name were born before 1970. The same picture with Maria.
Finally, let's take a look at the most popular first names per year of birth. What is striking: The most popular first names today are much less common than the most popular names 10, 20 or 30 years ago. An indication that the parents have become more creative when it comes to naming.
(bru / sda)
Keywords: interactive, names
Posted in General | 18 Comments »
- Smoking DMT opens your third eye
- Why are America and Ireland so patriotic
- Who is the PJ code jewelry maker
- What is the significance of the population increase
- What is Henry Kissinger's best book
- What is the worst university in Austin
- What are the 6 Powers of Congress
- Jobs call your current employer
- What makes people climb heights
- How did Adele become a gay icon
- Who is in the Arnab Goswamis family
- Democracy can be better
- How can India deal with Pakistan
- Why is Messi more respected than Ronaldo
- How many Indians hate India
- How corrupt is Rajasthan CM Vasundhra Raje
- What is the importance of college projects
- Why didn't communism work?
- Why are rights very important
- How does a narcissist accept defeat
- What is addiction
- How dangerous is cocaine
- Charity is a religion
- What is the opposite of reason